Technology as an Assessment Tool
What is mastery? How does one demonstrate master?
When is an online assessment the better option?
- check for understanding (e.g. quick quiz)
- check for mastery
- adaptive learning/testing
- placement test
Online Assessment Tools
- Khan Academy Practice Exercises
- Quiz Revolution
- Zoho Challenge
- Hot Potatoes
- Quiz Box
- My Quiz Creator
- Google Forms (sample)
- What is it?
- A form of assessment in which students are asked to perform real-world tasks that demonstrate meaningful application of essential knowledge and skills — Jon Mueller
- Authentic Assessment Toolbox
- How does it compare to “traditional assessment”?
What about student response systems?
The Flipped Classroom
What is the flipped classroom?
- Salman Khan Ted Talk
- The Flipped Classroom Network
- Flipped Classroom Best Practices – Andrew Miller, Edutopia
- The Flipped Classroom: The Full Picture – User Generated Education Blog
- The Flipped Classroom Advances: Developments in Reverse Learning and Instruction – Jonathan Martin, 21K12 Blog
- Flipping the Classroom: 12 Must Read Sources – Michael Gorman
- Promoting Independent Learning: Approaches to the Flipped and Blended Classroom – Elizabeth Allen & Tad Wert, Harpeth Hall School
Using Technology to Support Your Professional Development
Personal Learning Networks/Communities of Practice
- Twitter Handbook (PLP)
- RSS Feeds
- RSS Aggregators